Monday, March 31, 2014

A Little Monday Morning Decorating Inspiration!

I LOVE my current apartment... so much, that it makes me very sad that I should make the adult choice this June and move to somewhere smaller and cheaper :( It's time to go to economical living to save up $$$!!!

The one exciting thing about the whole moving process, though, is that I get to reset a new space. My mom and I antiqued and shopped for two years until my current apartment was perfectly filled with all the right details! Now, I am sure I will have to put half of this place into storage. Cheaper living does NOT equal more space in the city of Chicago.


This is one of my favorite corners in my apartment - especially because of all of the embroidered sewing hoops that line the wall. And of course I am going to have massive numbers of fashion coffee table books, and teacups sitting around my apartment! PS. How cool are those antique crystal coasters? I found them in the Chicago suburbs at my favorite antique mall last year - love the gold tray they sit in, too.

Naturally, because I felt the need for a little new apartment inspiration, I've been scrolling through Pinterest all this morning to figure out if I want to try anything different in my new place!


Yeah right, my kitchen is going to be about an 1/8th this size, but I love this color with the copper pots. And the glass cabinets. This is perfect.

Ok, time to be realistic. I think I'm going to try out living in a studio this next year, but just need to find some kind of way to have it all in one room and not feel like a hotel room!


If my new apartment is big enough, I would LOVE to copy this Nate Berkus-designed room. Love how the bedroom/living room seem separated.


WOW - LOVE how there is a glass wall divider between the living room and bed room. Definitely not happening because there would be no way I would ever take the time or money to get this done in a rental, but I can still admire. :)


Relatively simple, but more like the size of my next apartment. I hope I don't start to feel claustrophobic...


And to finish, something a little more eclectic. :) I'll just take any of these rooms, please!

No comments:

Post a Comment