Sunday, March 30, 2014

Smart Ideas Sunday

One of my favorite morning activities is to scroll through Pinterest through recipes, pictures of cupcakes & macaroons, personal style photos, and smart ideas for the home/life!! Apparently everyone calls these kind of smart ideas 'life hacks' these days, but I'm still sticking with the former. 

Here's some of my favorite super-smart ideas I've found on Pinterest this week:

1.  How to break in new shoes in under 2 minutes:


APPARENTLY by putting on thick socks that you've warmed up with your blow dryer, and then slipping your warm covered feet into your new shoes helps to loosen up the leather at an exponential rate. I've heard a side tip too that you're supposed to keep the hot air blowing on your new shoes as your feet are in them! I need to try this.


2. Make low calorie chocolate banana ice cream:


ALL you have to do is freeze a few bananas - once your bananas are frozen, drop them plus 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder in a blender, and blend till smooth with an ice cream-like consistency. Wow. Weight watchers 'life hack' for SURE!!! I love this!


3. How Target does their markdowns:


I have a shopping problem, in that I just never find the desire to look into markdowns that much - of course it's the smart way to go to shop clearance, and I'm sure my dad would say WHAT!!! if he reads this, but it's true. I love the new, exciting merchandise - it gives me a little bit of a shopping high!! HOWEVER - when I went to Target the other day to simply purchase thank you cards, I somehow walked out of there with $100+ in merchandise. So here's how I'm making my Target extreme shopping reformation:


'EVERY Target shopper NEEDS to know this: If the price ends in 8, it will be marked down again. If it ends in a 4, its the lowest it will be. Targets mark down schedule. - MONDAY: Kids Clothing, Stationery (office supplies, gift wrap), Electronics. TUESDAY: Womens Clothing and Domestics. WEDNESDAY: Mens Clothing, Toys, Health and Beauty. THURSDAY: Lingerie, Shoes, Housewares. FRIDAY: cosmetics. This is maybe the best pin EVER'



Let's hope I can resist the inevitable pull of new Target merchandise.



4. No bake ice cream cake genius:


Maybe I can make THIS for my 24th birthday :) I usually am against 'no bake' because I thoroughly enjoy the process with my oven, but this is just too good to be true. It's a tower of ice cream sandwiches with a whipped cream/cool whip on top. I will have to do this at SOME point.


5. Vacuum baseboards


WOAH. In my future home, please!!!!! This is CRAZY amazing!! 




Have a lovely rest of your weekend! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment