Saturday, March 29, 2014

The Four Fabulous Things of Today (Even Though Today Hasn't Started Yet!)

 1) A week from tomorrow is my 24th birthday!!! I'm probably not going to do THAT much for it... my parents are coming up to celebrate on Sunday, and then maybe do something on Saturday night! I know you're not really supposed to bake your own cake on your birthday, but I haven't baked in WEEKS and am dying to. Plus, I've been dying to do this super simple but really cute cake decor with your new age in sprinkles. My KitchenAid mixer is calling me ;)


But let's be honest, true to Emily style, I will probably be making myself the birthday cake protein shake I found on Pinterest.



2) The day AFTER my birthday (which is a week and 2 days away), I leave to see Mark in Europe for the last time while he lives there!! A little bit sad about it being the last time for probably quite awhile, but who cares because I'm so excited to go to all the places we have planned!!! 2 weeks of some MAJOR travel - we are covering all the way from Southern Europe to Northwestern Europe. Don't know how many miles that is, but I know it is pretty significant!

First, our favorite place in the world that we haven't each seen in 10 years. Decided that it's time to go back and see it together!


Then, 3 days later, we take a plane that connects in Berlin to Vienna. We would've rather done a train, but in order to REACH the train to Vienna, you have to take a bus for 4 hours (no thanks). We found plane tickets that are basically the same price as the whole bus/train fiasco, so it works out. Yay Vienna!! Excited to go here after watching Before Sunrise :) Will have to watch again before I leave.


We just spend the weekend in Vienna, then take a train to Prague. Everyone RAVES about this place, and neither of us has ever been, so I am very curious to see what it's like. 


After spending another 3.5 days there, we are heading up to Berlin. REALLY excited to see what Berlin is like, and am really intrigued by going to see the remnants of the Berlin Wall. Yeehawwww!! And the Brandenburg Gate:


After that, we take a connecting train through Amsterdam (where we will probably get off to walk around for a few hours, since we all know how we both feel about Amsterdam ... I love!!) to get to Enschede, where we will spend just a few days. 

 Amsterdam - so beautiful!!!
And Enschede, on the other side of the Netherlands!


Then, after 2 full weeks of travel, I fly out of Amsterdam again to come back home!!! This is going to be one EPIC trip.


3) It's Saturday, the busiest day in retail, which so happens to make it the best! There are customers EVERYWHERE, and it makes it fun to meet all different kinds of people in one day. Retail.. the job where you get to make new friends every day and help people find pretty things. :)

Like these two shoes I really want to buy today for Europe.. and I think I'm going to do it!!!


The most DARLING Keds by Kate Spade - love that they are see-thru! It's like an enclosed sandal for a lack of better description. However, I have no clue which color I'm going to pick. 


This low block heel sandal from Michael Kors' runway collection is positively fabulous. I am ALL about gold detail in my accessories, and this definitely fits the bill.


4) REVENGE IS ON AGAIN TOMORROW!!!! I don't care what you crazies say that don't like Revenge anymore - it's the only TV show I know to have kept the same storyline going for 3 years and it still keeps me captivated! I'm just waiting for the moment when the Greysons find out that Emily is actually Amanda Clark.... I feel it's getting close, I just feel it!!


Why is Emily smiling at what appears to be Daniel, and standing next to Victoria in tomorrow's episode. I am so confused.



Four fabulous things for a fabulous weekend!!




No comments:

Post a Comment