Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Best Trip of My Life - The Journey Across the Ocean!

I am finally back in the USA after literally the best trip of our lives. Two full weeks of running around multiple countries in Europe - multiple languages, multiple currencies, multiple cuisines, and multiple different kinds of beer and wine, of course!! Not really sure how we will ever top this trip ever, but that is perfectly fine, because it's now the best memory in the world.


I left the day after my birthday, which was really the best present I could have ever asked for. I flew into Amsterdam with an entire ROW of economy comfort to myself, which on a KLM flight, is absolute heaven! Not to mention KLM airplane food - it's like a gourmet meal. Trust me, there are no crappy bags of pretzels and peanuts with this airline, that's for sure!! It's amazing!!!!!


Once I got into Amsterdam, I waited for Mark to get from where he lives on the eastern side of the Netherlands to the Amsterdam airport, where we flew out to Venice, Italy, where we stayed for 3 1/2 days. The perfect start to a perfect trip!



Once we finally made it to Italy, you either have the choice to take a ferry that takes 1.5 hours over to Venice from the airport, or you can take your own personal water taxi that takes about 25-30 minutes, and takes you directly to where you need to go ... even though the latter is nearly 100 Euro, it didn't matter. You can't experience going into Venice any other way in my opinion. Half of the water taxi boats are covered, but you can sit outside near the back of the boat and enjoy the view on the ride into the city... and get nearly one million pictures, of course!!! True Emily style.



We had both been to Venice before with our families, but each nearly 10 years ago. It was so wonderful to see something so amazing that you hadn't seen in years, and to experience it together. Perfect first city on our European blowout vacay!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment