Wednesday, April 2, 2014

My Perfect Packed Suitcase to Venture Across the Ocean

Yesterday, I decided I needed a major spring update to my wardrobe, and it was time to do a little shopping at work - especially for vacation! This time, I was VERY strategic about my shopping - purchased a lot of great basics that can be mixed and matched into LOTS of different outfits, which saves me in the long run. Of course, I had to go for updated comfy pieces as well - Wildfox sweatshirts, James Perse lounge pants - basically the things I wear on my day off that will be perfect for a long plane ride Monday night! 

I couldn't find half of the pictures of the items online that I purchased yesterday - but you'll soon see them all on me in my vacation photos, anyways :)

Here's some of my new pieces, + my idea of things to pack for a perfect trip!


I am loving these new Tory Burch espadrille 'sneakers' I bought yesterday. The only reason I call them a sneaker is because of their shape, and the rubber sole with AMAZING traction on the bottom - hence, the perfect walking shoe but still looks fabulous!
For $40, I was not expecting this Dolce Vita flip flop to be as comfortable as it was - but honestly, I might end up wearing these a majority of the time. They feel like you're walking on a little cloud!

It's hard to tell, but this Two by Vince Camuto jacket has white leather sleeves and a grey sweatshirt-material body. I will probably throw this on with absolutely everything - a black Target maxi, a pair of jeans and a basic top.. anything.

How cool are these Kenneth Cole pants!! The track-pant trend in a silk pant - these will be perfect as long as I can keep them unwrinkled in my suitcase for 2 weeks!

Another shoe that I will probably wear almost every day - the 'Pandy' jelly flip flop from Ferragamo. The one I purchased is in black, and this is honestly one of the most comfortable flip flops EVER. I can see myself in a maxi and my Pandy flop, walking around the canals of Venice in just 5 days!!! :)

I own the Ferragamo Graziella Leather Crossbody in a maroon color as opposed to black - however, it's the perfect bag to take on vacation. Interior pockets to protect your cash and cards from pickpockets, and incredibly lightweight. This was one of my best purchases last year.

The two makeup essentials - YSL Youth Liberator Foundation, and YSL Touche Eclat Highlighting Pen. Perfect products that always make your skin look radiant and flawless. Best products out there!


Even though I'm so sad I don't have immediate pictures of ALL of the things I purchased yesterday, there is one more thing that is the absolute staple of my travel wardrobe. Without them, my suitcase might fall apart:

MAXI DRESSES. And not just any maxi dresses, maxis from TARGET!!
They range at about $25 per dress, and they are the perfect thing to take on vacation because they pack easy, and you could really care less whether or not you destroy them because you fell in a canal in Venice. I also bought a few pairs of jeans from Target because I NEVER wear them - only usually dresses, and why spend the money if I'm not going to wear them! So economical of me. :D


So besides a couple of photos of the great pieces I'm excited to take, here's what else I will be putting i my suitcase:
  • A set of adapters for all of my chargers and hair tools to be able to plug into European outlets
  • Makeup wipes - easier than taking a bottle of makeup remover
  • Skinny bottles of shampoo/conditioner (will also double as 'detergent' if I need to hand wash something in the sink so I can wear it again)
  • Slip on sneakers - not only a huge spring trend, but will be perfect for walking around and to wear on the plane
  • A lightweight trench/windbreaker. There's no need to take something super heavy because of the 60 degree weather in Europe right now
  • Extra snacks to take in my carry-on (KLM flights usually have EXTREMELY fattening food for their meals, and I'm going to honestly try to stay health-conscious on this trip!)
  • Lightweight scarf just in case it really does get chilly some nights
  • Rail Europe tickets - the train tickets between each country just arrived last night - PLEASE don't let me forget them!! :(
  • One heavy sweater to layer underneath a lightweight jacket, just in case it gets even colder
  • Leggings. My vacation best friend - for plane or for wearing to walk around.
  • My Michael Kors watch - will not only double as my only jewelry accessory, but obviously functional as well ... as long as I remember to switch it to 7 hours ahead

Can't wait for Monday :)









No comments:

Post a Comment