Monday, March 10, 2014

My Makeup Obsession

I think I've had a makeup obsession since around age 15. 
I love how you can give yourself one identity today, and a completely different one tomorrow, just by changing your makeup! 

Even today, I walked into work, ready to rule the world in bright red/orange lipstick, then when I started to feel tired and not so great later on (no flu, please), I let myself go au naturale which makes me feel like a more quiet personality.... but not really, because let's be honest, it's me!!! :)

This is my absolute FAVORITE way to do my makeup - and here's how I do it!


First, you have to start with a clean, well-moisturized face - and a little Nars skin illuminator doesn't hurt, either. 

Next, I don't know about you, but I am constantly running on loads of caffeine. To counteract my dark circles, I use at least 2 different concealers in the corners of my eye - the trick is to NEVER use concealer on the outer corners. It shows any eye wrinkles that you have (and even I, at my age, already have under-eye wrinkles).

Next, I LOVE to use my illuminator pen, Touche Eclat, from YSL. I always use a dab in the corner of my eyes, underneath my brows, above my brows, in the bow of my lips, and on the corners of my nose. Those are your highlighting 'hot spots' that do the trick to make sure you are looking bright, cheery, and beautiful!

Next, I use an ordinary old makeup sponge to lightly dab on my YSL foundation (Youth Liberator is my favorite). I make sure my face is fully covered, and also make sure to blend into my neck as well. You then, of course, have to set your makeup. Makeup Forever HD Powder makes me look like I was just at a photoshoot. I LOVE IT.

Since I don't contour, I at least use two shades of blush to give myself slight dimension in my cheeks. I pout my lips, then put a darker shade of blush underneath my cheekbones, and a lighter shade higher on my cheekbones. Shading just helps make it all come together.

Finally, my EYES. I cannot explain my full eyeshadow secret, because honestly, I do it differently almost every day - but I guarantee you one thing - use your light, semi-sparkly shadow to highlight under your brows to the corner of your eyes, and your eyeshadow will be perfect. I use at least 7 different colors on my eyes from 2 YSL palettes. I am all about shading on my eyes, and smokey is definitely my favorite.

Finishing touches include YSL black eyeliner (NEVER the full eye - you must make your eyes look open!), four layers of different brands of mascara, for that false-eyelash-with-your-real-eyelashes-look, and my red lipstick! Though I have an abundance of red YSL colors, Revlon honestly makes some of my favorites. One of my signature colors is Revlon 'Cherries in the Snow', and its $8 at Walgreens. What a STEAL for one of my favorite beauty tricks - red lips.


OH WAIT - and don't forget to lightly fill in your brows with a light brown brow pencil, and brush them!!! Even your brows need to be looking beautiful :)

No comments:

Post a Comment